2017 UNEG Evaluation Week
19 Apr 2017
The 2017 Evaluation Week will take place in Vienna between 15ht and 19th May, 2017. The event is organized with the support of the Vienna-based UNEG member organizations: Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). Please see the concept note.
The Evaluation Week provides a unique forum for UNEG members to get together once a year, face-to-face, to share and exchange latest activities, best practices and lessons and knowledge in evaluation. It is also an important business platform, where the Group’s strategy and work plans are discussed with a view to setting the course for the upcoming year.
Main theme of 2017 Evaluation Week: “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world.”
The High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) is convened every year under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council. The HLPF serves as the central platform for following-up and reviewing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The main topic of the 2017 UNEG Evaluation Week is “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world,” the same theme addressed by the fifth HLPF, which will take place in July 2017. The discussions at the UNEG Evaluation Week are expected to contribute to the HLPF, which is annually participated by UNEG member agencies.
As planned for the next HLPF, the 2017 Evaluation Week will focus on the following seven SDGs:
- Goal 1 - End poverty in all its forms everywhere (No Poverty)
- Goal 2 - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture (Zero Hunger)
- Goal 3 - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages (Good Health and Well-Being)
- Goal 5 - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls (Gender Equality);
- Goal 9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure)
- Goal 14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development (Life Below Water)
- Goal 17 Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development) (Partnerships for the Goals).
As in the past, the Evaluation Week comprises three key components: